Saturday, June 20, 2009

When Life Gets a Bit Crazy

Life has been a bit nuts at the moment, hence my lack of posting. In brief, I have switched jobs and gone back to Razorfish. This is really the place that best suits me and I am happy to be back. I am even more thrilled to be covering for my friend Lizzie while she is out on maternity leave. Good luck Lizzie.

Also, my grandfather passed away last Friday. It was expected, but always unexpected. I had really wanted to go home and see him before he got too sick. But no one knew he was so ill. The funeral was lovely and it was good to see relatives I had not seen in quite some time. My grandfather was a great man with many talents. Not only did he run his own business most of his life, he was also involved in many community groups like the Masons and Scottish Rite and he was pretty civic minded - he was even the mayor of his town for a time. He made wooden crafts to sell at his church Christmas fundraiser. When I was a kid, he and my grandmother use to take all the kids for a week on an adventure trip. He built the best playhouses and fun things in his huge workshop. I will miss him very much.

So today, I am off to play catch up and get organized for Dave's return in 2.5 weeks. So close and I am so excited but I feel very behind schedule and a little less motivated than I would like. I am hoping some Peets coffee will fix this.

No comments: